NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The 2012 Annual General Meeting of the Woodville School of Arts Inc will be held at the Hall at 5.30pm, 27 June, 2013
- To confirm the minutes of the 2011 Annual General Meeting held on February 15, 2012
- To consider the Annual Financial Report for the year ended June 30, 2012 and the Report of the Committee on activities during the year.
- Notice is also hereby given of the intention to propose the following special resolution: to replace the Constitution of the Association with a new Constitution.
Reasons for this proposal:
The existing Constitution does not take into account that the Association acts as Trustee for the community in regard to the Hall, in accordance with the Trustees of Schools of Arts Enabling Act 1902.
The replacement Constitution spells out the current practices of Association, proposes tighter governance practices in other areas, whilst also specifying the obligations and duties of the Management Committee and members.
Please note: the replacement Constitution* can only be voted on as it stands, either accepted or rejected. As this is a special resolution, 21 days notice is required for any proposed changes.
- To elect the new Management Committee to act until the 2013 AGM. Seven members are sought, for which nominations can be accepted at the meeting.
- To transact any other business that may be brought forward in accordance with the Constitution of the Association.
* A copy of the draft Constitution is available for downloading on our website or can be requested by ringing the President on 4930 3440.